The temporary residence permit gives a foreign citizen the opportunity to stay in Ukraine for the term of its validity (one year with possible prolongation). The grounds for obtaining temporary residence permit may be different which determines the list of required documents.
The grounds for obtaining temporary residence permit in Ukraine are:
-With the purpose of employment;
- To participate in the international technical assistance projects;
- At the invitation of religious organizations;
- To participate in the branches, representative offices and other structural units of public (non-governmental) organizations of foreign countries;
- To work in offices of foreign entities in Ukraine registered in the established order;
- To work in branches or representative offices of foreign banks registered in the established order;
- For conducting cultural, scientific, educational activities on the grounds and in the manner prescribed by international treaties of Ukraine or special programs;
- For correspondent or representative of foreign mass media;
- For studies;
- For the purpose of family reunification with persons who are citizens of Ukraine
To obtain a temporary residence permit it is needed to contact the territorial division of the State Migration Service of Ukraine (depending on the address of foreigner place registration).
! Pay attention to the obligatory presence of a foreign citizen when submitting documents to the territorial division of State Migration Service of Ukraine and obtaining the temporary residence permit.
The list of documents required for the temporary residence permit:
(it is general list of documents for the temporary residence permit when the ground is a work permit.
The list should be specified when preparing documents)
1. Application in established form;
2. Copy of the passport (where is personal data, D- Visa, mark on entry to Ukraine) of a foreigner with a translation to Ukrainian;
2. Copy of a Work Permit Certificate;
3. Copy of foreigner’s tax number issued in Ukraine.
4. 4 colored photos (3x4) on matte paper.
5. Copy of a document that confirms the payment.
6. Passport of the foreign citizen (original).
7.Power of Attorney.
8. Healthy insurance
9. Notice of motion of the host party
10. Guarantee letter
What should be taken into account when submitting documents for the temporary residence permit:
- Temporary residence permit is valid for one year and can be prolonged unlimited amount of times if the ground for the permit is still available.
- Temporary residence permit is issued within 15 days after submitting all necessary documents
- Within 10 days after obtaining the temporary residence permit it is obligatory to register the foreigner's place of residence in Ukraine.
- If the permit expires without further its prolongation it is obligatory to remove a foreign citizen from the place of registration within 10 days after expiration of the permit.