Currently Halychyna Zahid is the second biggest pig farm in Ukraine, with more than 108.000 pigs per year and cultivates more than 8.000 hectares of arable land.
J&L assisted Halychyna Zahid:
- Located farm in accordance to client's legal requirements,
- Provided buyer's legal and financial due diligence,
- Conducted legal and financial audit of existing Ukrainian assets and facilities,
- Negotiated with potential local vendors,
- Provided legal assistance for the acquisition of pig farm sales,
- Registered new ownership of assets for the investors in Ukraine,
- Negotiated contracts and project implementation with construction companies,
- Acquired and registered farm land contracts with Ukrainian state bodies,
- Supervised the import of equipment, including all customs procedures,
- Drafted all labor-related documents and contracts,
- Conducted accounting and supervised financial and tax planning,
- Established mandatory national and IFRS financial reporting,
- Configured and implemented IT-related software and hardware systems,
- Continued legal, tax and accounting advice after project handover.
J&L started the project in spring 2006 and handed over the management in spring 2008.